Stay Safe When Travelling
31 March 2020
Our foremost priority throughout the Coronavirus pandemic is the safety of our passengers and our staff.
To protect those travelling on our buses, we are asking passengers to be mindful of the guidelines on social distancing to help facilitate safer travel for key workers and staff.
- Single Boarding - Only one person should board or alight the bus at the same time, when waiting at bus stops, please ensure you wait 2 metres apart from your fellow travellers.
- Passengers will be required to leave the adjacent seat next to them vacant (unless travelling with their own child).
- There will be no standing passengers where 2 metres cannot be observed. Drivers will monitor this and advise passengers if the vehicle is at capacity under this protocol and when the next bus will be arriving.
- Paying your fare - We are asking people to pay by contactless or buy buying tickets on our mobile app where possible. If you dont have these means to pay, then please have the correct change available.
- Where possible, please limit interaction with the driver to ensure the can safely carry out their duties.
- Please follow Government Guidelines regarding washing your hands regularly and use a hand sanitiser gel when you are out & about.
- If you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of Coronavirus, please DO NOT travel, stay at home and follow Government Guidelines.
- We already have well-established cleaning regimes but we have introduced more intensive cleaning regimes in respect of hand poles and grab rails on our vehicles that remain in service to protect both passengers and staff.
We are operating essential routes, to support NHS and key workers who need to continue travelling, as well as considering the needs of our communities. Please help us to ensure these services remain as safe as possible for everyone.
We are dealing with an unprecedented situation and we would ask customers to be patient and to treat all our staff, who are continuing to provide a vital service in challenging circumstances, with respect.
We will continue to review the situation daily and will communicate any updates through our website and social media pages.