Extra Buses for Selected Peak Time Journeys
27 August 2020
As schools return in September, some services will have increased demand during peak times. By comparing data from 2019 and using passenger trends we have been able to work with local authorities across the region to identify services where school journeys could impact on social distancing measures and work towards providing a resolution.
With the assistance of Government funding from the local authorities involved, from 2nd September we will be able to provide additional vehicles on selected journeys, to enable social distancing to be maintained and for those journeys to be undertaken safely.
The normal bus on the following services will be available to the general public, and Government Guidelines regarding social distancing and the wearing of Face Coverings must be observed on these services.
The extra bus provided on these journeys will be designated as “Closed Door” and dedicated School Bus Services Only. No members of the general public will be permitted to travel on these services. These services will be subject to the Dedicated School Journey social distancing guidelines shown below.
All services are being regularly monitored and further changes may be made if required, please continue to check our website for the latest updates.
|555||Whiteley Village to
|06:55 From Hersham, The Green|
|07:14 From Hatton Cross, Bus station|
|16:03 From Hersham, The Green|
|15:24 From Hatton Cross, Bus station|
|458||Kingston to Staines||07:00 From Kingston, Cromwell Rd Bus Stn|
|07:20 From Staines, Bus station|
|15:20 from Kingston, Cromwell Rd Bus Stn|
|15:45 From Staines, Bus station|
|557||Addlestone to Sunbury||07:00 From Addlestone, Tesco|
|07:05 From Sunbury, Tesco|
|15:30 From Sunbury, Tesco|
|15:35 From Addlestone, Tesco|
|814||Field Common to Esher High School (Starts 3rd Sept)||814 will operate as normal, but will be a designated Closed Door service for Esher High School pupils only.|
Social Distancing Guidelines for Dedicated School Services:
Government guidelines state that children on dedicated school bus service or services which exclusively carry children / young people to their place of education, are subject to different social distance guidelines than normal General Public Bus Services.
If your child will be travelling on a School Service or a dedicated school children only bus, please be aware of these guidelines.
- On dedicated school journeys, social distancing is recommended where possible. However, Children who attend the same school are considered to be within a social “Bubble”. Therefore children are permitted to sit next to other children from the same school as they attend. Full vehicle capacities will be permitted on dedicated school buses.
- We currently have a ‘No Change Policy’ in place to minimise cash handling, Children paying cash fares should be provided with exact fare. We would encourage pupils to utilise pre-purchased Hallmark M-tickets on their mobile phone if possible.
- Government guidelines on wearing Face Coverings state that children on dedicated school services are not required to wear face coverings by Law. However Government bodies and local authorities advise that children over the age of 11 are recommended to wear face coverings on all public transport, including school services. Therefore we request that children over 11yrs do wear Face Coverings, unless they are exempt for health reasons.
- Parents are requested to ensure their children are familiar with appropriate hygiene guidelines, such as regular hand washing, use of hand sanitiser, using tissues to catch sneezes and coughs and to dispose of these safely in the bin when they get home.
- Sensible levels of conduct and behaviour are expected on all school services during this time. Reports of persistent problems around behaviour and non wearing of face coverings onboard will be reported to the school.
- Parents should be aware that their child must NOT travel if they, or anyone in their household has symptoms of COVID-19.
For our latest social distancing and general travel guidance for passengers, click here
To find out more about Government guidelines on dedicated school services, please click here